The Reproductive Bridges Coalition aims to expand access to high quality comprehensive family planning services and optimize reproductive health outcomes for all individuals in Western Pennsylvania.
Created in late 2016, the Reproductive Bridges Coalition aims to ensure access to comprehensive reproductive health care for all individuals in Western Pennsylvania. The coalition comprises women’s health champions across the region who are committed to advancing reproductive health through the conduct of rigorous research to inform policy, educational forums for policymakers and other key stakeholders, and supporting clinical and policy efforts to optimize access to the full range of birth control options. In addition, we work closely with community organizations to ensure that we uphold a justice-informed agenda as we strive to support the reproductive health needs of the diverse individuals and communities in our region.
- Honoring and enhancing people’s bodily autonomy will be a core principle that guides all of our efforts
- We will use an equity and justice-informed framework to understand and address the factors that impact people’s reproductive lives and health
- We will center the perspectives and preferences of those we wish to serve and will do so by creating an advisory board with community members with a diversity of perspectives
- We will strive to create health care delivery that meets people’s needs both inside and outside the formal health care system
- We will use the scientific process to guide and evaluate all activities and cultivate a culture of evidence-based service and policy