Our vision is to elevate the state of women's health by fostering innovation in research, education, and clinical practice.
Our mission is to be one of the leading academic women's health research centers in the country by promoting a multidisciplinary agenda in women's health research with particular attention to socially and economically marginalized populations as well as those with serious chronic medical conditions; fostering partnerships with key community stakeholders in women’s health advocacy; and training future generations of women’s health researchers and working toward increasing the participation and advancement of women in academic leadership.
What We Do
Our work focuses on women’s health across the lifespan and includes adolescent health, contraception, preconception and prenatal health care, lactation, and the menopausal transition. We have expertise in the use of patient-centered outcomes research, community-based participatory research, clinical epidemiology, qualitative methods, and implementation science. Since its inception, CWHRI has been actively engaged in improving the state of women’s health and health care by:
- Identifying barriers to treatment and potential interventions to enhance health care for women from vulnerable populations
- Developing and testing interactive tools to help women make informed decisions about their health
- Developing and testing tools to promote healthy physical, psychological and social interaction between the sexes
- Authoring key, high-impact journal articles on research that informs women’s health care and policy
- Working to ensure that healthcare providers and systems are attuned to the needs, preferences, and social context of diverse women
- Participating in educational forums to build community awareness around women’s health issues
- Providing mentorship to feed the pipeline of women’s health investigators in translational and health services research